Every industrial industry faces the challenge of preparing metal surfaces and racing the clock to coat before flash rust forces the team to start over. Corrosion costs companies billions of dollars each year, and there’s a better way.
Seasoned NACE International certified corrosion expert, Robert Richter, leads us through the root cause of coating failures and ways to mitigate corrosion and save millions in costly maintenance and repair.
Richter will discuss the following:
- Corrosion prevention techniques and methods
- Planning ahead for corrosion prevention
- Studies of soluble salts failures
- Understanding Soluble Salt contamination
- Understanding why abrasive blasting and vapor/water blasting alone cannot remove soluble salts
- “Hurry up and paint before it turns on us” is no longer acceptable!
- The dangers of coating over salt contamination
- Solutions for extending the service life of your coating system.
This is a powerful, “MUST SEE” presentation regarding real-world conditions within the global coatings industry, which will dramatically change the way you think about corrosion prevention planning. Owners, coatings manufacturers, coatings contractors, engineers, coatings inspectors, and anyone else working in this industry will benefit from learning more about this most critical, costly issue.